1. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your cash.
2. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When you shop online, it is critical that you spend a little time looking into the site that you are considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you having the products you probably did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.