1. While shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" within the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.