1. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
2. In case a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a coupon code.
3. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be simply impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the key site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
4. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.