1. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
3. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you can.
4. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.