1. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for the shipping on your items and in case there are free delivery options available to you.
2. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you go for the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on a better deal somewhere else.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.