1. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a brand new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
3. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as soon as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online retailers have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.