1. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge of them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
2. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
5. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.