1. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are around the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you the most money.
4. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.