1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. If you are going to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.