1. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
2. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
3. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
5. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.