1. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.
2. Be wary for any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
3. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.