1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
2. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of satisfaction.
5. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers enjoyed a good experience with them. It is additionally a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.