1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.