1. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Know about the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are quicker to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of satisfaction.