1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. Before you start your web shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
3. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers experienced a good knowledge about them. It is additionally a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.