1. If you are going to get doing some online shopping, make sure you understand the liability for each and every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.