1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
4. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.