1. Although it may seem tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
3. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It really is much safer that way.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.