1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.