1. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
2. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. When shopping online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.