1. When a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the truth, choose one that will save you as much as possible.