1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
2. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always top-notch and up to date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who make an effort to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software offers you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
3. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.