1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers experienced a good knowledge of them. Additionally it is a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.