1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.