1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.