1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. If you're concerned with whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Internet shopping is a terrific way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.