1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
2. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. Always remember your budget and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.