1. Prior to making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on the items and in case there are free shipping options open to you.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's arriving at you fairly!
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.