1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.
2. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always top-notch and updated. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers and other shady types who attempt to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not out to take your money.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.