1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. In case a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a discount code.