1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you will miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
2. When you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.