1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
4. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
5. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.