1. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.
2. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
3. Prior to making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your own items and if there are free delivery options available to you.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.