1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always top-notch and up-to-date. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers along with other shady types who attempt to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.