1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
3. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. If you are going to get doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each and every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.