1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
3. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
4. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always top-notch and up to date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers along with other shady types who try to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.