1. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!