1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
2. To safeguard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.
4. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the net. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
5. When you shop online, it is critical that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are currently considering buying from. You can find information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.