1. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to discover other people's experiences with assorted sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.