1. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When you shop online, be sure the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.