1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
3. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
4. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
5. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.