1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
4. Speak with your friends with regards to their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This will save you a lot of time as well as.
5. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.