1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.