1. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you understand the liability for each and every credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your card in the event the number is stolen.
2. Before you start your internet shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.