1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Be careful where you submit your bank card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
5. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.