1. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
2. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
3. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as a seller.
5. When you shop online, be sure the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.