1. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item or perhaps free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.