1. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. While shopping online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking into the site that you are currently considering buying from. You will find information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.