1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.