1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.