1. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at many different websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.