1. When shopping online, make sure the site you happen to be on starts with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. Before making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your items and in case there are free delivery options available to you.