1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
2. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
5. Before you start your web shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.