1. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.